[fpc-pascal] A question or two regarding the FPC

"Vinzent Höfler" JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net
Sat May 9 00:24:10 CEST 2009

Von: "Hans Mårtensson" <cirkulation at maartensson.net>:

> But then, in case of zero-tolerance, if you trust the compiler, what
> about the OS? and, worst, what about your program?

And what about the CPU? ;)

> I wouldn't trust the reliability of anything before the full system has
> been tested under working conditions.

What about stress conditions? Programs usually tend to fail under conditions you didn't think of. (One reason being that the conditions you /did/ think of have been put to the test. Usually.). But working conditions seldom fall into that category.

Actually, you should answer one simple question for yourself: If your life really depended on the system, would you still trust it?

Vinzent.

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a