[fpc-pascal] Re: Servlet server for Fpc apps

Richard Ward roward at mac.com
Mon Mar 30 18:13:44 CEST 2009

Michael writes:

This is where the ship already sinks. I'll give you the 2 most common
reasons:
- Many clients have PC-classrooms, where such things are simply
forbidden.

- Windows Vista and security issues make installation and automated
updates
  a pain. Not everybody is allowed to do installs, they don't have admin
  rights and whatnot.

----

There is a bad virus going around certain parts of the UK in which the
solution is to clamp down even more tightly in what limited things one
can do with computers in schools which are very prone to viruses.   A
friend of mine over there who manages the IT of a certain school is
constantly weighing new features vs security problems they may cause
and I'm glad I don't have that job.   Pretty soon they may just have
to give up computers completely - a rash statement but the cost of
doing total reinstalls for 100-500 computers is certainly not fun or
productive.  Maybe the solution is for all Pascal programmers to take
an anti-virus oath  - ;)   At least you might not get tarred and
feathered for making that statement - just a lot of blank stares.
heh   - ROW