[fpc-pascal] Creating FPC enabled websites

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Mar 4 10:01:08 CET 2009

Op dinsdag 03-03-2009 om 14:50 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef Andrew
Brunner:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> >
> > If users use the application constantly, don't use a web-application.
> >
> > So the things explained in this document from IBM is usefull for very
> > large systems which a lot of users (Like Amazon, but they also don't
> > like the idea of a full-blown javascript application) or some idiots who
> > do things in a web-application while they shoudn't.

> I disagree. I think a migration to web based software development
> offers many benefits over desktop software.  Instant deployment, and
> Object Orientated JS via ProtoType is completely doable.  And if you
> find bugs or memory leaks I'm sure they'll get worked out in the next
> revision.

Well, I only see one, and that is the deployment.

Now imagine that all efforts that has been put in developing ajax-like
technologies were put in building a good web-based distribution system.
something like: "click here to run this program on your desktop" and
then build a safe environment on the desktop to run the application and
add it to the menu if the user want so he can start it again.

Problem is that only Microsoft can introduce something like this. And
they would have done it, when their .NET technology woudn't have taken
over the web.

Joost.