[fpc-pascal] SHA1 implementation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Jun 29 09:02:52 CEST 2009

David Butler wrote:

> Have a look at Fundamentals 4's cHash unit:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/fundementals/

Thanks, there are some interesting code in there... Cool. :)

In the end I did some more Google'ing and found a free implementation
based on the FIPS 180-1 document. And it's all done in a single unit,
which makes it nice and easy to use.

I wrote a few unit tests just to confirm that the implementation is
correct - and it was. :-)  The code is free of any license restrictions
or platform specific code, so would FPC find a unit like this useful in
the FCL? It makes no difference to me, but I thought I would ask.

Regards,
  - Graeme -