[fpc-pascal] Name for our license

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Sun Jun 21 19:14:30 CEST 2009

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> ackward need to use expressions like "the same license as the Runtime
> Library from Free Pascal" or "The same license as the Lazarus
> Component Library".

I to honest I do not understand the ins and outs of the various licenses, but I read the following on the wikipedia site. The the following (below) mean that LGPL v3 license is similar to the "modified LGPL v2" that FPC and Lazarus use?  If so, then what about moving to the LGPL v3 license instead?

"Version 3 of the LGPL is constructed by applying a GPL linking exception to version 3 of the GNU General Public License (GPL)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Lesser_General_Public_License

Regards,
 - Graeme -