[fpc-pascal] fpmake: output directories

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jun 2 15:20:14 CEST 2009

Zitat von Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

>>> So, no debug and release version on one computer?
>>
>> Not in this way, at least.
>
> Hi,
>
> Peter Vreman reminded me that we had this discussion on core about a year
> ago. The solution we came up with was a 'subtarget' or 'configuration'.
>
> This was simply an option to fpmake, which would alter the output path and
> search paths. It was needed to discern between debug and non-debug,
> PIC and non-PIC code etc.
>
> So there would be
>
> fpmake --subtarget=debug
>
> Which would send output in
>
> units/i386-linux-debug
>
> So maybe this can be used for the widgetsets, debug-non debug etc.
>
> Beware: AFAIK it has not yet been implemented, but that was the initial
> idea.

Thanks.
Maybe this can be used for debug/release.
I don't see how this can be used for the widgetsets.

My dream is this:
User opens a project and/or package and the IDE uses fppkg to download
and install automatically the missing packages.
Some packages like the LCL are already installed via lazarus. So
somehow fppkg needs to know, that some packages don't need be
downloaded from the repositories. Maybe lazarus can register a local
repository?

Mattias