[fpc-pascal] DirectFB for FPC beta tarball

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:04:07 CEST 2009

2009/6/1 Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>:
> sometimes too heavy (never mind gtk2).  an even better idea might be
> to add a directfb back-end for fpgui, which is custom drawn, too.

I would vote for this one as well. Somebody already converted fpGUI to
DOS, but that was a while back and they changed unit names etc, so I
never bothered to merge the code. So clearly fpGUI is flexible enough
to handle such a large-ish change.

Personally, I would love to have a framebuffer backend to fpGUI as
well. I often write console based utility apps for Linux. Being able
to still do that and have a better looking GUI + mouse support
(without requiring X11) will be very nice. :-)

As for LCL+fpGUI widgetset. I've already scheduled time for it later
this year, I just need to get our current (company) project out the
door. I'm almost there.

Regards,
  - Graeme -