Re: [fpc-pascal] How to use FCGI?

Artur Stuczyński stootch at tlen.pl
Mon Jul 13 11:07:29 CEST 2009

OK, thanks, got it working.

Please correct me, if I am wrong, but this approach makes developing and debugging harder, because it is httpd which spawns the application, so to effectively kill the app and replace it with new build I have to restart the httpd (at least with lighttpd which I tested).

I see possible resulutions:

1. Create the application as a standard CGI and convert it to FCGI on deployment
or
2. Make TCustomFCGIApplication's descendant and replace WaitForRequest with own code which binds, listens and accepts connections from httpd. Then, upon compilation, I need only to restart my application.

Am I right?