[fpc-pascal] How to use FCGI?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jul 10 12:33:54 CEST 2009

Op woensdag 08-07-2009 om 16:09 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Artur
StuczyƄski:
> Can anybody enlighten me on how to use FCGI from fcl-web package? Is it working code at all?

Someone here said it didn't work on windows, but I think that's fixed in
the mean time. Linux should work, further I didn't test.

> From what I know FastCGI application should be running seperately from http server and be connectable via sockets, whereas I cannot find any socket-related calls like (fp)Bind or fp(Listen) in the code (FPC 2.3.1). Only fpAccept exists inside of custfcgi.pp which tries to accept connection from StdInputHandle, and this looks somehow cryptic to me. But maybe I am missing something?

Fcgi indeed uses sockets for the communication with the web-server, but
for convenience stdin is used. For a real explanation see here:
http://www.fastcgi.com/drupal/node/6?q=node/22#S2.2

Joost