[fpc-pascal] REQ: official FPC's FCGI framework

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Fri Feb 13 13:08:07 CET 2009

> You indicated that some kind of fastcgi thing already exists for
> (free) pascal.

So far, I only knew ExtPascal's FCGI. Just now, I knew that lNet had it
too, though I still didn't know yet the details.

> Hereby I *officially* request that YOU coordinate efforts to get it
> integrated in FPC.

Alright then. I got ExtPascal FCGI code though I'm not quite sure I
understand it comprehensively, but I'd like to try. Then what effort I
need to do to integrate it in FPC?

> I can do some of the work (the gory programming details), but not
> all.

The most important support I need is to stabilize the ExtPascal's FCGI
thread mechanism in all platforms, especially on non-Windows platforms.
Though it works now, but I still found some problems and the current
workaround looks hackish rather than elegant solution. While on the
other side, I'm not quite an expert on FCGI and multithread programming
(especially on non-Windows platforms) to confidently propose alternative
solutions.

I also suspect that ExtPascal's current implemented multithread
mechanism doesn't fit well on non-Windows platform. Maybe it's because
the initial design is too Windows oriented. Multiplatform support added
later through FPC (more or less because of my request). I'd be very
grateful if there's someone who has expertise on UNIX multithread
programming would like to analyze the ExtPascal's FCGI code. :)

Thanks for the support and encouragement, Michael. I appreciate it. :)
BTW, it'd be nice if Morfik also supports FCGI. ;)

-Bee-