[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal created libraries used by other languages

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Wed Dec 9 22:23:54 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch 09 Dezember 2009 15:26:11 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:

> But clearly this language relationship is a very one-sided thing. We use
> their (C/C++) libraries, they don't use ours. :-(

Just look at the QT bindings. The LCL can't simply use QT, it has to use a
wrapper library that flattens the object oriented structure of QT. You have
similar problems with most languages. Writing bindings to foreign language
libraries is always problematic. C (i.e. a flat API) is usually the common
denominator.

Best Regards,
Andreas.