[fpc-pascal] DB unit and Parameter Binding with Variants

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:57:15 CEST 2009

Michael,

If I extend the Param system to depend on the memory being allocated
by the caller of the SetData and that the memory will be there for the
duration of the SQL operation then all we need to do is have a pointer
to the memory, the size of the memory, and the kind of memory.  With
these three things we can read/write as needed.  The present system is
using a Variant data and contains a copy of the initial data that was
passed during the SetData.

Eventyally, we could remove the variant and use the getmem method if
the TParm is in copy mode and the component would be entirely Variant
free.