[fpc-pascal] Linking issue in Ubuntu 9.04 (32 bit)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Apr 24 23:42:40 CEST 2009

On 24 Apr 2009, at 23:28, Prince Riley wrote:

> Sorry to but in, but I read this post and followed the link to the
> binutils
> problem you mentioned in your reply.
> Is it possible the error message, "Can't call the linker,..." is the
> result
> of a bad/missing symlink and not the problem in binutils?

It's indeed a generic error message. To see what really happens, you
have to compile with the "-Cn" command line parameter and then execute
the generated ./ppas.sh script.

The problem is most likely the fact that ld crashes though, as I'm
pretty sure that Ubuntu 9.04 ships with binutils 2.19.x

Jonas