[fpc-pascal] ARM / SheevaPlug followup

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:09:28 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 Joe Donth <jdonth at donth.com>:
> <sales pitch> I think the SheevaPlug is a great opportunity to promote the
> use of FPC in an embedded environment.</sales pitch>
>
> I need to figure out how to compile a non-GUI FPC program (helloworld.pp) to
> run on a SheevaPlug (ARM926EJ-S rev 1 (v5l)
> )under Ubuntu.
>
> I need one of the following three options:
> 1) Compile and run directly on the ARM processor.
> 2) Compile on i386 Linux box and run on the ARM processor
> 3) Compile on a Win32 (XP) box and run on the ARM processor.

i'd personally get hold of the cross-toolchain, then cross compile
from i386 linux.  just set up an nfs share so you don't have to copy
files across to test the whole time.

first you need to get fpc to work, which means that you might have to
build an eabi compiler, since most distros (even debian) now use eabi
(the default arm fpc is oabi).  search the mailing list to see how to
do this.  see this page for the history of eabi:
http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

henry