[fpc-pascal] fpmake dependencies

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 14 15:59:39 CEST 2009

Zitat von Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

>[...]
>
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>
> > Zitat von Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:

> unit/include
> > > file
> > >
> > > For the zip archive creation. All files are needed.
> >
> > Apparently for the 'clean' too.
> >
> > Why does it warn, when the files to be cleaned are already cleaned?
> >
> > Warning: File "units/i386-darwin/allcodetoolunits.o" does not exist
> > Warning: File "units/i386-darwin/allcodetoolunits.ppu" does not exist
>
> Under normal operation, this should not happen ?

IMO this is a normal operation:
svn up && fppkg clean build

Questions:
Why a warning instead of a hint?
Why not explain why it was searched?

Newbies will get confused by such warnings.

If you think that the message is needed, then maybe use this:

Hint: File "units/i386-darwin/allcodetoolunits.o" was already deleted

> > > Not yet. This is planned.
> >
> > Come on. You didn't add the 14 thousand filenames manually, did you?
>
> The unit source names were added from the Makefile.fpc (there is a conversion
> mode) but the rest was added manually.

You call yourself a programmer? Shame on you. ;)

> I realize that for the LCL, this will be a rather largish job :-)

I will rather write a tool than add them manually.

> > > I think yes ?
> >
> > I only found a mask for Sources. Somewhere else where I can look?
>
> packages/fpmkunit/src/fpmkunit.pp :-)

That's where I looked. Should I copy the SearchFile procedure?

Mattias