[fpc-pascal] Sample unit code

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sat Apr 4 18:40:03 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt writes:

> What is not clear ?

For starters I don't really follow the diagrams in the ref document. It
probably is some type of formal definition, but I am neither familiar with
it, nor seem to get it. Even when I look at a simpler case like procedure
declaration I can't follow those blocks.

I see some simpler declarations on top of the ref document so I will look at
those and try to get more familiar with that style of documentation.

The sample code in the ref document doesn't document the simplest case, but
goes over what I think is a more complex example of a unit that uses another
unit.

It also doesn't have any actual code to do anything, so it is kind of an
abstract example . I was looking on the other docs to see if there were any
examples, but did not find any.

Would be great to have something simmilar to what we have for the procedure
declaration on page 100. Something complete, yet trivial enough that a total
newbie can follow.

> Look in the 'Contributed units' section of the website (on the right, in section 'Coding').
> There are lots of units there.

I started to look at those and the first one I tried was not even
accessible. Then tried sourceforge. The second I tried didn't even have a
readme document. :-(

I guess I could try one unit at a time until I find a simple one, but I
figure if anyone knows of a simple unit that may be easy to read, that may
be a better starting point.