[fpc-pascal] Debugging a darwin cross-compiler

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu Sep 25 17:29:55 CEST 2008

Brad Campbell wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> Still on the trail of the serial unit issue. Think I have it working
> (it's working perfectly on OSX PPC and all my variants of Linux) but I
> can't seem to generate valid OSX Intel binaries.
>
> I've got a working cross compile setup where I can generate fully
> functional linux/win32/OSX-PPC binaries and they all work beautifully,
> but while all the open darwin tools tell me my OSX-Intel binaries are
> ok, when I actually put them on an Intel Mac and try to run them all I
> get is :
>
> -bash: ./hello: cannot execute binary file

Just a headsup. This looks like a linker problem. I managed to hack up a linker that works from an
iPhone SDK toolkit I found floating around and I can now cross-compile OSX i386 binaries from my
Linux box.

Many many thanks for the pointers!

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them