[fpc-pascal] FPC IDE on Windows: Configuring colours

Frank Peelo f26p at eircom.net
Thu Sep 25 12:24:47 CEST 2008

Hi

If this is the wrong list for asking about the IDE, I would be glad if
you could point me at the right list.

I use FreePascal for occasional programming. However, lately I find the
colours in the IDE difficult to read - especially integer constants
which appear dark blue-grey on a dark blue background. Maybe it's
because I'm using an LCD. Yes, that must be it. (Getting old? me? :-> )

The user guide says there should be an option under Options|Environment
to change colours, like the one in BP7. But there is no such option on
my setup here.

My questions are:

   How do I change the IDE colours? Is there some configuration I need to
   change to enable the dialogue?

I am using Windows XP. The version (from Help|About) is:

FreePascal IDE for Win32 for i386
          Target CPU: i386
     Version 1.0.10 2008/08/03
      (Compiler Version 2.2.2)
        (Debugger GDB 6.2.1)

which I think should be the latest version of everything. I downloaded
and installed FPC and the IDE (fpc-2.2.2.i386-win32.exe) yesterday,
thinking the Colours option must have been added more recently than the
version I was using before that. I do not recall what version I had
installed before yesterday; I uninstalled it before installing the
latest version, and I did not keep a copy of the installation file.

Thanks

Frank