[fpc-pascal] Re: Use Free Pascal on Pandora handheld game console

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:23:43 CEST 2008

On 18/09/2008, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> See also the messages titled "How hard is it to port FPC to AIX" on
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2008-September/thread.html
>   (classified under the wrong thread, because they were posted
> starting with a rely to another thread).
>
> I don't know of any documentation on how to build FPC for ARMEL with
> eabi, and as I said support for it is very shaky (it doesn't work
> properly for Linux yet either, afaik) so it will probably still
> require code generator work as well.

there's a thread with subject "FPC_ARMEL system calls" from circa june
this year that's got some info about building, etc.  you should be
able to compile for arm, but add OPT=-dFPC_ARMEL to make it eabi.
there should really be a new target for this, i guess.

i'm not that hot on fpc internals, but someone has done some work for
eabi.  syscalls have some changes in alignment of parameters and there
is some procedure call differences iirc but it looks like it should do
the right thing.  you might have a problem with fpu, though.  i
haven't got an eabi setup, yet, so i can't test properly.

henry