[fpc-pascal] Small OSX GUI apps

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Sep 17 11:14:52 CEST 2008

On 17 Sep 2008, at 01:58, Jon wrote:

>> if you're coming from Win32 programming, you may want to read this:
>> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/win32porting/win32porting.html
>
> Interesting document. Do I have to install Interface Builder and
> XCode to use FPC?

You have to install the Xcode tools, which comes with Interface
Builder, gcc, assembler, linker, headers, documentation, examples etc.

You can find quite a few at http://www.pascal-central.com/

>> Depends on who you ask. But Apple has made it clear that they want to
>> move forward primarily with Cocoa.
>
> How good is the FPC for each? Is there a separate install for both?

There is only one install, but currently FPC only ships with
interfaces to Carbon routines (and other APIs that have procedural
interfaces). Some people are also working on an interface to Cocoa,
see http://wiki.freepascal.org/PasCocoa

Jonas