[fpc-pascal] Spreadsheet library/unit?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 20 13:28:02 CEST 2008

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In our previous episode, Michael Van Canneyt said:
> > > Same as a browser, but maybe worse:
> > > How do you instrument a PDF reader platform independantly? And (specially
> > > with recent Adobe readers): speed.
> >
> > That's an implementation detail, but doesn't make PDFs a priori unsuitable
> > as help format.
>
> Well, let's keep this limited to FPC context, and the foreseeable future.
> And include the textmode IDE.

Your ship sinks on the last sentence. I never will do that :-)

> > I use PDF as the help system for my daytime job apps. Works fine.
>
> How is the speed? Does it match say a D7 help ?

I honestly don't know. Never tested.

The primary reason for going to PDF was that we can create the docs
in LaTeX, which is a text format where layout can be largely ignored.

Having 6 people working together on a Word document is not doable, both
from versioning and layouting point of view. In LaTeX it works.

Michael.