[fpc-pascal] Spreadsheet library/unit?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Oct 20 13:09:50 CEST 2008

> > How is the speed? Does it match say a D7 help ?
>
> Not even D2005, D2007 or D2009 matches the D7 help speed!  :-)

Yes, but IMHO that is pretty much more related to politics, not technical.

Indexes of RTL and FCL CHMs are read in the blink of an eye in the textmode
ide, and the quality is not THAT bad.

The routines are there, and there are several html renderers, and on Windows
it is native.

That doesn't mean the chm is set in stone and forever. I can imagine that
e.g. OS X will prefer its native helpsystem or whatever, but CHM is a good
first level, doesn't have complicated dependancies or speedproblems and it
is doable short term.