[fpc-pascal] Simple X11 program

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:02:45 CET 2008

On 14/03/2008, Rainer Stratmann <RainerStratmann at t-online.de> wrote:

> Thank you very much, it works!
>  That's what I was looking for.

That example actually shows quite a lot of features in one little program.

>  How is it possible to draw (put) Bitmaps in this Window?
>  Here is a 800x600 pixel Bitmap (array[0..800x600-1] of dword) which I want to
>  put in the Window (or parts of the Bitmap). With 24 bit color depth (32
>  bit/pixel).

Quite a bit to explain. Your best bet would be to look at the fpGUI
source code. The trunk/src/corelib/x11/gfx_x11.pas unit contains a
TfpgCanvasImpl class which does all that and more.

>  Exists there documentation of the (for example) XNextEvent's ?

>From the command line:    man xnextevent

Alternatively google:  xlib xnextevent
  http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/event-handling/manipulating-event-queue/XNextEvent.html
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xlib