[fpc-pascal] Question on programming serial communication.

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Feb 25 16:24:00 CET 2008

> Actually, this X00 driver was written for BBS systems with analog modems
> around 1970-1980, namely for MAXIMUS and OPUS. This BBS programs were the best
> ones at their time as far as I can remember, of course, at that time there was
> no real Internet available to the public. ;-)

FOSSIL didn't appear on the scene until 1986-87. :)

I'm not sure how you'd go about performing interrupt driven serial I/O
under Linux, but I can't imagine it's that difficult.

There is a BBS program called EleBBS that is written with FPC and works
under Linux.  You might want to dig up a copy and see how he did the
serial I/O routines for the BBS.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007