[fpc-pascal] Dynlibs.LoadLibrary on 64bit Debian (Ubuntu)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 20:42:07 CET 2008

I've been struggling with an issue of
Dynlibs.LoadLibrary(completepath/something.so) always returning zero
for libraries in subfolders that are traced back to samba shares.

Example Library Project is built on

/home/atbrunner/Source/Libraries/Test/project1.so

but /home/atbrunner/Source is a smbfs mount in fstab pointing to
\\fileserver\raid\developer\source\lazarus\ share on my network.

So what's with Dynlibs or Linux for that matter, not able to load
libraries from sub folders inside mounts?  Is *this a known issue?

If I copy the project1.so into my home folder, update the Application
to load the lib from that path, all is good.  Any ideas?  Is there a
config setting for binutils to "resolve" mounts?

I want to close out this issue and report in bug track what's up with
the entire matter...