[fpc-pascal] Dynlibs.LoadLibrary on 64bit Debian (Ubuntu)

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 01:58:43 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> Your bug report indicates version "2.2.3" in the details view.

I noticed that.  I don't recall paying much attention to the version
or perhaps it wasn't available in the combobox.
It was listed in the more detailed version.

> 2.2.x is the fixes branch, 2.3.x is trunk. It is unadvisable to use trunk
> unless you really want to be bleeding edge (with the emphasis on "bleeding"
> in case of dynamic libraries on linux/x86_64)

I had explored the SVN today using a browser... I checked out a number
of revisions.  2.2.2 and fixes.  I'm assuming fixes is an entire
distribution of FPC although I did a 2.2.2 install and then did a
fixes2.2.2 install.  I had to go down from 2.3.1 so some symbolic
links and Lazarus had to be tweaked.

But thanks for that hint on the Ubuntu problem.