[fpc-pascal] Debugger support for FP (issues with libgdb.a)

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Dec 23 10:52:04 CET 2008

Op maandag 22-12-2008 om 23:17 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Andrea:
> Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> > Op zondag 21-12-2008 om 17:29 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Andrea:
> >
> > You tried to re-build the rpm, there's no documentation about that.
> > Maybe it's easier to build then ide manually. Extract the source, copy
> > the libgdb-files, go to the ide directory and do a 'make clean all'
> >
> > But the rpm-approach should also work.
>
> Apparently it cannot work due to some incompatibility with gdb-6.8

There is a reason I said that the linker may not find the wrong libgdb.a
files.

> http://bugs.freepascal.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=12636
>
> will try again in the future.

Or download the right libgdb-version from the link I gave you, place it
in the right directory, remove any other libgdb.a etc. files and try
again.

Thereafter it will work with your newer version of gdb.

Or did you do this and did it still not work?

Joost.