[fpc-pascal] Unexpected duplicate identifiers

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 11:30:22 CET 2008

I've got a class that looks in part like this:

TTextStore= CLASS(TStringList)
             PRIVATE
               PROCEDURE NeverSort(sort: BOOLEAN);
             PUBLIC
               FUNCTION HereDocument(CONST name: STRING; VAR strings:
TStringList): BOOLEAN;
               PROCEDURE Sort; OVERRIDE;

FPC 2.2.0 is giving me duplicate identifier errors for "sort" and
"strings" above.

I've got nothing against going through the comparatively small amount of
code affected but I'm a little mystified as to why this is happening:
the rather elderly version of Delphi I'm using doesn't object, and I
don't see why there should be a conflict between the class procedure and
procedure parameter names.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk