[fpc-pascal] Using OpenCASCADE 3d tools with Pascal?

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Thu Dec 18 07:03:51 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2008, 09:02 +1100 schrieb Paul Nicholls:
> Hi all,
>     I am wondering if anyone here has ever managed to use the free
> open-source OpenCASCADE 3d tools (www.opencascade.org) with Pascal
> before?

I don't think so, but I remember two facts:

The toolkit is huge, porting will be a lot of work.

And it'll be complicated or maybe impossible because it is written in C
++. IIRC there are some problems related to C++ objects in libraries and
fpc.

> An already developed ActiveX OCX control has been developed that may
> work but it costs lots of money.

IIRC there was Java binding back in version 4 of opencascade (the
version I had to deal with). I'm not sure if that could be used as a
guideline for adapting to object pascal, though.

HTH anyhow,
Marc