[fpc-pascal] Mac OS X api cals

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 28 09:29:31 CEST 2008

On 28 Aug 2008, at 08:11, Paul wrote:

>> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Security/Conceptual/authorization_concepts
>
> thanks for these links, wonder why this site was not listed the mac
> developer forums ..

A lot depends on who, how and where you asked. And developer.apple.com
is the very first site you get when googling for "mac programming" or
"apple programming". To be honest, I also thought you already knew
about that site, but simply did not know what exactly to look for
there (e.g., "authorization" vs "administrator rights")..

>> And he can of course also look at the source code of existing VNC
>> servers, e.g. http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc/
> see my other reply

It does not mean that your "client" can't simply enable a local VNC
server, open a https tunnel to the server and simply tunnel VNC over
this connection. Of course, no one can stop you from reimplementing
everything, but it's probably going to be quite a bit of work (as such
low level things are quite platform specific).

Jonas