[fpc-pascal] missing functions in libc

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Sat Aug 23 02:52:57 CEST 2008

Am Freitag, den 22.08.2008, 08:56 +0200 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
> In our previous episode, Marc Santhoff said:

[...]

> > What going on here? How can I repair it?
>
> Eliminate use of the libc unit, using mostly baseunix, dynlibs and the like
> (the above url has a longer list). Replace -64 functions by their plain
> equivalents. (FreeBSD 4+ already has 64-bit off_t)
>
> And hope that they didn't use too exotic functions from unit libc. If so,
> report here. In 2.2.2 some routines to access users/passwords were added,
> maybe you can take the sources from there (packages/users), and try to get
> it running under 2.0.4

Thanks, that made it clear and I found there is only one unit using
libc.

The other question is if I want to put a lot of time into that one, I
only wanted to see if it works - according to the source it must have
been working with fpc once.

I'll see if the author is still working on this or the successor of it
and decide after that.

Thanks again,
Marc

For anyone interested: