[fpc-pascal] Pascal postscript reading library

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Wed Apr 23 15:04:15 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 23.04.2008, 08:36 -0300 schrieb Felipe Monteiro de
Carvalho:
> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at t-online.de> wrote:
> >  Do you have a description of Corels file format? If so I'd be strongly
> >  interested in getting a link or copy, up to now I thought their format
> >  is proprietary and not documented.
>
> Not really. Reading directly from Corel Draw files was just a very
> initial idea, immediately put aside when we found a way to generate
> postscript with the printer driver, and now it really seams
> unfeasable.
>
> At the moment I am considering either trying to parse just the subset
> of PostScript that the virtual printer that we use generates or using
> some postscript to pdf converter and then parsing the PDF.
>
> CorelDraw can export to PDF, you could try to read from that.
>
> What kind of project are you developing?

Nothing using Corels file format currently, but quite a while ago I have
started a small file indexer that grabs metadata out of some file types.
If it could look into CD files (Version 9 mostly) independant of the
platform it is running on, that would be nice.

Another question is if Corel has made the step from proprietary file
formats to using XML inbetween, I would think about updating and file
conversion then.

Marc