[fpc-pascal] MySQL50 unit in freepascal

Chris jangita at jangita.com
Tue Apr 22 12:29:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am a newbie in freepascal but I have used turbo pascal and Delphi
extensively for the last 7 years or so; I want to write an application for
my linux box to do some crude form of replication of mysql databases. I am
just trying to figure out how to use the mysql50 unit, but cannot find heads
or tails of how to do it; it seems all version have different connecting
methods etc etc etc

Does anyone have a simple (very simple) and basic way of connecting to a
mysql database, reading a record and writing a record into a table? That's
all I need to get started; or if there is some documentation somewhere on
how to use the unit id be grateful.

PO Box 627 00502 Karen,
Nairobi, Kenya.
Mobile: +254 722 996532