[fpc-pascal] Trim db-fieldnames, or not?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Apr 19 20:12:39 CEST 2008

Op zaterdag 19-04-2008 om 16:53 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Inoussa
OUEDRAOGO:
> 2008/4/18, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  In several places you can specify a list of fieldnames, seperated by
> >  semicolons. For example: 'field1;field2'. Question is: should this be
> >  allowed: 'field1; field2'? Or should a "Field not found: ' field2'"
> >  exception occur? (Note the space)
> >
> >  Ie: should I add a trim(fieldname) to the code, or not? What do you guys
> >  think?
>
> Why not provide a boolean option "TrimFieldName" ?

I'm building a general db-framework. Not a program-bloatification
tool. ;) You can add options for everything, but that won't solve all
problems. You have to make a choice, sometimes.

I won't add the trim, a programmer can add it if he wants to before he
passes a fieldname.

Joost