[fpc-pascal] "Interesting" hang with daemonapp under windows

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Thu Apr 3 12:27:33 CEST 2008

While I was trying to debug an unrelated problem with a service (written
  with daemonapp/lazdaemon), debugging that consisted in constantly
rebooting the system to see the behaviour of my service at system
startup, suddenly the service wasn't starting anymore, and, as always,
windows tools to see where the problem is were less than useless.

After a painful and long session of trial and error, I discovered that
for whatever reason the system logger wasn't working (hey, this is
windows after all), so trying to use the logger was hanging the program.
Clearing the log solved the problem (this time), but I'm wondering if
daemonapp shouldn't try to catch (and ignore?) the possible exceptions
thrown by TEventLog.

Bye
--
Luca