[fpc-pascal] backport 2.3.1 fix to 2.2.x fixes branch?

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:22:38 CEST 2008

(Apology ahead of time if my question is bad etiquette...)

I've been tracking an issue for a while:
and am delighted to see it's been marked as fixed in 2.3.1.

I grabbed the fixes_2_2 branch in hopes the change had been
backported, but it doesn't appear the issue is resolved in that
branch. I'm trying to facilitate a switch from kylix to freepascal in
my company, and being able to have libraries initialize correctly is
really important, but I'm reluctant to suggest we use the 2.3.x trunk
in production.

So my question is, how generally does a fix get backported to the fixes branch?

Barring that, does anyone know of a way I can manually make sure the
initialization code gets called? Can I directly call "initialize"
somehow?

Thanks a lot,

Seth Grover

--