[fpc-pascal] InterlockedCompareExchange64 and Win64

MichaƂ Niklas michal.niklas at heuthes.pl
Wed Sep 19 12:40:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have compiled multithreaded Windows/Linux console app (server) with
FPC for Win32/Linux and ppcrossx64.exe for Win64.  It compiled, but when
I try to execute it I got:

The procedure entry point InterlockedCompareExchange64 could not be
located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll.

I tried it on Windows XP Profesional 64bit Edition.

MSDN http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms683562.aspx
claims that InterlockedCompareExchange64() is not available
for this system:

Requirements:
Client: Requires Windows Vista.
Server: Requires Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003.

Of course I do not use this function directly.
I have found 'InterlockedCompareExchange64' in:
c:\Fpc\2.2.0\units\x86_64-win64\rtl\system.o
but my simple (non threaded) 64 bit apps works.

How can I got out of InterlockedCompareExchange64()?

Regards,
Michal Niklas