[fpc-pascal] why is there no port property in sqldb?

Bee bisma at brawijaya.ac.id
Sun Sep 16 18:29:22 CEST 2007

> Could be that in the source it is spelled with a capital P, try "Port=..."

Nope, still not working. :(

> If I look in the source, I see a ports parameter, so port=xxx is the way to
> go.

Here's why...

{ this is in private section }
procedure TConnectionName.ConnectMySQL(var HMySQL : PMySQL;H,U,P : pchar);
begin
   HMySQL := mysql_init(HMySQL);
   HMySQL:=mysql_real_connect(HMySQL,PChar(H),PChar(U),Pchar(P),Nil,0,Nil,0);
   If (HMySQL=Nil) then
     MySQlError(Nil,SErrServerConnectFailed,Self);
end;

It's obviously there's no way to define custom port. The mysql_real_connect
is hardcoded to only use default port (0 for the sixth argument).

-Bee-

has Bee.ography at:
http://beeography.wordpress.com