Fwd: [fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-pascal] Freepascal 2.2.0 released

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Sep 11 16:56:10 CEST 2007

Sent to wrong mailing list (web mail ...)

----- Doorgestuurd bericht van jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be -----
     Datum: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:18:03 +0200
       Van: Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>
Antwoorden aan:FPC developers' list <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
  Onderwerp: [fpc-devel] Re: [fpc-pascal] Freepascal 2.2.0 released
       Aan: fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org

Marc Santhoff wrote on di, 11 sep 2007:

> Am Montag, den 10.09.2007, 12:56 +0200 schrieb Joost van der Sluis:
>
> Since this page isn't already up:
>
>>  http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.2.0
>
> Can someone please give a short explanation of this item?:
>
>>   * pointer[low..high] syntax to pass C-style pointer arrays to procedures
>>     using open arrays

Note that the page above does not explain that. It only explains
gotchas you may run into when compiling code which compiled/worked
with the previous release of FPC, but which may now no longer compile
or behave differently.

New features should be described in the documentation (although I have
no idea what to search for if you want a description of the above).
The page is above is a wiki page so it can be easily updated in case
other issues are discovered, so it can be easily updated.

Jonas

fpc-devel maillist  -  fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org

----- Einde doorgestuurd bericht -----