[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.1.4 Intel Mac installation

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 22 10:55:44 CEST 2007

On 21 mei 2007, at 22:58, Christos Chryssochoidis wrote:

> I downloaded the new FPC version, 2.1.4, for the Intel Mac platform
> to try it. When I try to install it the installer refuses to
> proceed, saying that "this package contains only Intel binaries
> which cannot be used on a PowerPC-based Macintosh. Install the
> PowerPC version of FPC instead." (!) Can anyone figure out what is
> wrong? My Mac has Intel processor.

Sorry, my fault. Since I don't have an Intel Mac myself I was not
able to test the installer package and the installation requirements
settings I added to it. I've now however tested a similar setting for
the PPC package and got the same error. I've now uploaded a fixed
installer package (called version 2.1.4a, to distinguish it from the
broken one) , but you do not have to download it again as you can fix
the downloaded package yourself if you want to:

a) copy the installer from the disk image to your hard disk
b) open /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Property List Editor.app
c) choose File->Open and navigate into the copied installer package,
then into the Contents folder, and open the file Info.plist
d) scroll to the bottom, click on the disclosing triangle next to
IFRequirementDicts and then next to 0, and then change the following
settings

* SpecArgument: change into sysa (was: gestaltSysArchitecture)
* TestObject: change into 10 (was: gestaltIntel)

(the problem is that I used the symbolic constant names from the
headers instead of their actual values)

e) save, and then install the package

Jonas