[fpc-pascal] Re: how to compile (PWU) project from command line

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 08:53:08 CEST 2007

On 19/06/07, L <L at z505.com> wrote:

> Anyway, give it some time, ask us questions on the mailing list and we will repair any issues you
> are experiencing :-)

As I mentioned earlier. I don't give up that easy! Where's the fun in that? :-)

> You should use pwumain rather than dynpwu to start out. Dynpwu is a bit clever and complex for
> newcomers - it's almost one of those things that needs to be introduced later once you have been
> working with the utilities for a few months.

Thanks for the heads-up!  I am about to write quite a few web apps and
thought I could same on disk space, etc.... Though creating larger
standalone apps is not a issue at all. I'll switch to using pwumain
for now.

> You should be able to use Lazarus and MSEIDE, I used to use them all the time. Just change the paths
> in your lazarus dialog to resemble the fpc.cfg paths shipped with the demos.

I was thinking of creating a Lazarus package (.lpk) file where I can
define all the search paths etc.  Then just assign that package as a
requirement to any of my web projects. No need to fiddle with paths
again.  Lazarus packages are great in this way!

Regards,
  - Graeme -