[fpc-pascal] building source package with fpcmake without installing

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jul 31 21:36:30 CEST 2007

On 31 Jul 2007, at 21:28, Marc Santhoff wrote:

>> You can install to any location you want using
>>
>> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=x/usr/local
>>
>> tar will throw away leading slashes anyway, so it doesn't matter from
>> where you zip/tar everything.
>
> That doesn't work since the prefix is set in the Makefile.fpc and the
> setting in the file wins:

There should be no prefix setting in the Makefile.fpc, because the
default prefix depends on the target operating system. Most Makefiles
don't contain it, as I use INSTALL_PREFIX all the time to install
e.g. the Mac OS X release to a temporary location for packaging it
(so at least everything under /fpc is ok, except for possibly the
text mode IDE, as it's not built/packaged for Mac OS X by default).

Which Makefile.fpc were you quoting from?

Jonas