[fpc-pascal] Which FPU instruction sets are really implemented?

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 10:56:54 CEST 2007

On 12/07/07, josepascual <josepascual at almudi.com> wrote:
> Any comment?
> Anyone know something about it?
> Is only SOFT FPU instruction sets working?

nope, fpa must be working, since some people are using it.  i don't
know the intricacies of the different fpa implementations, though.

> > This is the FPU instruction sets for ppcrossarm -i (version 2.1.4)
> >
> > ===============================
> > Supported FPU instruction sets:
> >   SOFT
> >   LIBGCC
> >   FPA
> >   FPA10
> >   FPA11
> >   VFP
> >
> > Which are implemented?
> > which meas LIBGCC? all floatpoint operation are executed in libgcc?

libgcc can do the floating point calculations for you, but this has
never worked for me.  presumably you need to link to a c library and
pass the float operations on to it - can anyone comment if this is
worth it or will ever be implemented?

> > thanks,
> >

> > Jose Pascual

henry