[fpc-pascal] Documentation for sqldb - More Questions

Martin Schreiber fpmse at bluewin.ch
Tue Jul 3 14:13:34 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 13.16, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 12:57 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> > I'd rather see that the whole is coordinated a bit. I don't think all
> > this
> > duplication is a good idea; One solid set of components makes much
> > more
> > sense: the number of developers available for it's maintenance would
> > double.
> > The end user would also benefit, as we can give 1 solid set of
> > components,
> > no doubts possible.
>
> I aggree with Michael on this. Besides, last time I looked at your
> 'TBufDataset' (which is a actually a fork, offcourse) it only
> implemented blob-fields, on top of the existing TBufDataset.
>
> The current TBufDataset also supports blob-fields, in a (in my opinion)
> better way, now. Are there any other changes/additions?

It is completely rewritten. Buffer organisation is not a linked list, the
record pointers are hold in arrays to allow simple record accessing by
locally builded indexes and easy recno handling. String fields are stored as
widestrings, there are no fixed string field sizes in the record buffer. It
has the possibility to work comparable to TClientDataset with a local change
log and data file.

Martin