[fpc-pascal] problems using utf8toansi

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Mon Dec 10 08:43:31 CET 2007

Am Sonntag, den 09.12.2007, 21:38 +0100 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 07 Dec 2007, at 20:01, Marc Santhoff wrote:
>
> > Am Freitag, den 07.12.2007, 14:00 +0100 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> >>

> >> Also, if you do not use the cwstring unit, a lot of things will not
> >> work with widestrings under *nix (including FreeBSD). The fact that
> >> some chars such as Umlauts and 'ß' work suggests that some other unit
> >> is already using it though.
> >
> > That may well be the case, it is a components source pulling lots of
> > LCL
> > stuff in (derived from Darius' TZipFile).
> >
> > Although I searched the first levels of uses-dependecies to no avail.
>
> You can compile with -al and search for CWSTRING in the assembler file
> generated for your main program. Since that unit has an initialization
> section, it will be in the init/final table if it's included somewhere.

Hm, that's funny, the string is not found.

I did:

	$ fpc -Fu../zipfile -al -B -FE./bin TestDocInfo
	$ grep -i CWSTRING bin/*.s

and the output was empty.

Meanwhile I had some look and found that DOM is using a type "DOMString"
everywhere which itself is defined as

	DOMString = WideString;

so that is an indicator for using widestrings? The uses-line looks like
this:

	uses
	  {$IFDEF MEM_CHECK}MemCheck,{$ENDIF}
	  SysUtils, Classes, AVL_Tree;