[fpc-pascal] fpGTK ???

Tiziano_mk tizzziano at tiscali.it
Wed Aug 29 11:52:14 CEST 2007

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Tiziano_mk wrote:
>

>> What is fpgtk?
>
> A simple OOP wrapper around gtk 1.2, which makes it easier
> to use GTK for a pascal programmer.
>
> There is no documentation, unfortunately, but the usage should
> be clear to any Delphi user. There are some sample programs, and

I supposed that. In fact, reading the sources one can get an idea and
answer himself to the first question... :-)

>> what is GtkWrite?
>
> A small program that was used to automatically generate all the
> files: it reads some description files, and then generates the
> units. The sources for this program are available too.

I also supposed that, but I didn't find any source named gtkwrite*.*
Mmmh, Now I can see a method named gtk.write in the program PGtk!!!

Maybe the small program is Pgtk (and it uses the objectdef unit)?

>> Could it be worth the effort to port this package on GTK2?
>> (so to have it working on Windows too)
>
> It should not be hard to do, I think. All that is required is to
> modify the description files.

Yes, I tryied and was able to run a part of the demo, but I was making
changes to the fpgtk.pp source... now, the syntax of the fpgtk.def seems
to me more hostile than the source file. What is it?

Ok, all was in front of my eyes, thanks by now, I'm going to meditate
further about that...

tiziano