[fpc-pascal] fpGTK ???

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Aug 29 10:32:04 CEST 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Tiziano_mk wrote:

> Found it in my current fpc installation sources:
> C:\Programmi\FPC\fpcbuild_2.0.4_exp\fpcsrc\packages\extra\fpgtk
>
> but no documentation at all, except the sources...
>
> What is fpgtk?

A simple OOP wrapper around gtk 1.2, which makes it easier
to use GTK for a pascal programmer.

There is no documentation, unfortunately, but the usage should
be clear to any Delphi user. There are some sample programs, and
the fpde  (fpdoc editor) program is written using these components
before it was ported to Lazarus.

> in the fpgtk.pp source (unit FPgtk) I read:
> // Generated with GtkWrite by Luk Vandelaer (version 1.08)
>
> what is GtkWrite?

A small program that was used to automatically generate all the
files: it reads some description files, and then generates the
units. The sources for this program are available too.

> Could it be worth the effort to port this package on GTK2?
> (so to have it working on Windows too)

It should not be hard to do, I think. All that is required is to
modify the description files.

Michael.