[fpc-pascal] fpdoc cleanup after a refactor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:34:44 CEST 2007

On 14/08/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> fpdoc notifies you of nodes it cannot find. The opposite (unused nodes)
> has not yet been done, but should be easy to add.

I'll have to play with fpdoc some more...  I'm currently writing a
little fpGUI app (just because I can <smile>), but will probably end
up being a console app that helps me generate documentation. Inspired
by the new makefiles alternative.  It will read a config file for
input and output directories for *.pas, *.xml and *.html.  I got tired
of constantly editing scripts to include new units or directory paths.
:-)

> This should be feasible; It's XML. All you need to do is traverse nodes
> and do a search and replace  on ID and name attributes.

Yeah, I noticed the XML makeskel generates is very basic (a flat
hierarchy). I'm thinking of implementing something like Lazarus's
'Refactoring -> Rename Identifiers' feature, plus a few more nice toys
for the docs.  Should be nice to have.

> Strange. I know I never changed the file since it was first created :-)

As long as the new release has the pretty one. :)  In the mean time I
gave Peter a copy of mine.

Regards,
  - Graeme -