[fpc-pascal] fpdoc cleanup after a refactor

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Aug 14 15:59:28 CEST 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 14/08/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > Well, makeskel has an update option. It will generate nodes for all
> > missing elements.
>
> Sorry, maybe I was a bit unclear. I know it's got the update option.
> So after a refactor, I update my xml with makeskel. Now my description
> xml file contains new and old (outdated) notes.  After a while I have
> a lot of outdated nodes in the xml and would like to some cleanup.

This was clear.

> Is there a way for makeskel or some other tool to notify (generate
> some list) of outdate nodes (descriptions nodes that can't be matched
> to the source files anymore)?
> If 'lazde' doesn't have this feature, maybe it will be worth the
> effort adding it in.

fpdoc notifies you of nodes it cannot find. The opposite (unused nodes)
has not yet been done, but should be easy to add.

> > We could add some map feature so it remaps nodes.
> > But that would mean you'll need to create the map.
>
> Nah, that sounds like work! :)  Maybe we can improve 'lazde' so we can
> Cut, Paste and Rename nodes. That would at least help a bit.

This should be feasible; It's XML. All you need to do is traverse nodes
and do a search and replace  on ID and name attributes.

> > > ps:
> > >   Will the fpdoc.css file used by FPC and Lazarus docs be included as
> > > the default in the next FPC release?  The default css file in FPC
> > > 2.0.4 look crap compared to the one used on the web.
> >
> > ? It's the same file.
>
> Not in my copy.  The one with 2.0.4 generates black text on a white
> background with a Courier font for the code.  The one FPC and Lazarus
> used generates blue text on blue/white background with a nice font
> (not Courier).

Strange. I know I never changed the file since it was first created :-)

Michael.