[fpc-pascal] Newbie, Delphi porting: Which are standard Units?

memsom memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 13:59:55 CEST 2007

> uses
>   Classes,

  Standard.

>   Sysutils,

  Standard.

> U_Global, L_Lockdata, U_Strings, U_RegExpr, L_Wintol, U_Images,
> U_Stream, U_Tiff, U_Tiff_Tags, U_Tiff_Global, U_Pixels, L_Mathe,
> U_Wininfo

Custom.... looks fairly "in house" too. I assume U stands for Unit and L
stands for Library (where the L would most likely be Library imports doe a
DLL or Shared Object?) but I'm not entirely sure.

> LeanOcr;

This looks like it is more likely 3rd party

> Now, it lists a lot of units, and google is not very helpful. So my
> question is: Are these standard Delphi units? Third party? Most
> importantly: Are they somehow available on the Mac?

Only 2 are standard - the rest are not. It would help greatly if you had
more info as to what the code was and where it came from.

If they are straight Pascal with no assembler, they would probably mostly
compile under MacOS X... *but* remember you would need or maybe need to
replace any libraries refered to also.

> What is a good place to search for these?

You could try:

http://www.koders.com

Google: Google groups.

HTH